WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN L-1 VISA
- No Quotas. Unlike some other visa categories there are no annual limits on the number of visas available to certain countries.
- Fast Processing Times. Average processing time is between 3-6 months. Premium Processing is also available by paying an additional fee of $2,500. With the premium processing, USCIS is required to respond with 15 business days.
- Family. L1 Visa holders are permitted to take their spouses and dependent children with them to the United States on the L-2 visa.
- Work Authorization. Spouses are permitted to apply for work authorization once they enter the US to work for any US employer.
- Tax Advantages. The L1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, which means it does not offer permanent residency (Green Card). While Green Card holders may be taxed on worldwide income, non-immigrant visa holders are generally not. (You should still consult a tax professional if you want to make sure that you will not be considered a US tax resident)
- Transition to Green Card. It is possible to transition to a Green Card through the L-1A visa category. The criteria for L-1A is very similar with the criteria for EB-1C category for Multinational Managers or Executives, which makes it easier for L-1A holders to become permanent residents. The L1 visa category is also considered a dual intent visa.
EB-5 Visa Program Advantages
By working through approved regional centers such as ours, a majority of immigrant investors experience their path to permanent residency to be simpler, less expensive and expeditious.
Fastest way of obtaining a permanent residency in the U.S. and U.S. Citizenship.
Does not require the applicant to maintain an existing home country business.
Investors and their families can live, work, study and retire anywhere in the U.S.
Education benefits such as admission to public universities at the same costs as those of in-state residents.
Travel outside of the United States and return without a visa.
Obtain a green card by investing a minimum of US$800,000 in targeted high unemployment areas (TEA’s).